The Planning Supervisor is a valued member of the Whiting Refinery Maintenance team. As the Planning Supervisor, you will provide leadership to your team of planners. You will collaborate with members of the operations, projects, and maintenance teams to ensure that all routine and preventive maintenance work is planned and scheduled in a manner that will help ensure the safety of all and the reliability of the site.
- Responsible for health, safety and environmental performance to achieve our goals of no accidents, no harm to people and no harm to the environment.
- Accountable for the development/execution of Routine Maintenance Planners training and personnel development strategy including: training requirements, performance management plans, performance management reviews, attrition and resource planning, hiring recommendations and career mentoring.
- Accountable for identifying, developing and implementing Planning strategies within the Whiting Business Unit that support and complement existing processes or identifying, developing and recommending changes to those processes.
- Accountable for driving step change improvements in the Maintenance Division processes and contribute to the development and implementation of site-wide initiatives.
- Responsible for tracking and monitoring backlogs associated with outstanding notifications and maintenance orders requiring planning.
- Responsible for dedicating time to planning Routine Maintenance related work:
- Develop maintenance plans for maintenance related work by identifying number and type of crafts, man-hour estimates, materials, special tools/equipment, specialty contractors and transportation equipment.
- Prepare and develop Job Packages that includes Detailed Work Plan, Bill of Materials, Drawings, Pictures, QA/QC Package, Technical Procedures/Documents, HSSE Procedures/Documents, etc.
- Generate requisitions and bid requests for special tools, materials, and specialty contractor services required to support the work plan and field execution.
- Assure proper closure of Maintenance Orders including documenting, initiating any follow-up Maintenance Orders and review plan vs. actual results.
- Work with Maintenance Supervisor or Unit Reliability Engineer to ensure historical information is entered into SAP or appropriate database.
- Share, collaborate and provide input regarding work plans and work documentation:
- Work closely with other Maintenance Planners to share lessons learned and provide the best possible plans
- Identify and communicate reoccurring equipment problems to Unit Engineers
- Develop and maintain library of equipment files and maintenance plans within SAP
- High School Diploma or equivalent required with 10 years relevant experience, or
- Associates degree with 8 years relevant experience, or
- Four (4) year college degree with 5 years relevant experience.
- 5+ years of Planning & Scheduling experience
- Experience in planning crafts, man-hours, materials, equipment, etc. required to execute work on fixed equipment, piping, valves, pumps, etc.
- Understanding of scheduling resources based on priorities, planned man-hours and available resources (i.e. resource loading).
- Understanding of key performance indicators (KPIs) used to measure planning and scheduling performance.
- Experience in use of a computerized maintenance management system for planning and managing work on fixed equipment, piping, valves, pumps, etc.
- Experience in prioritizing and managing planning and planned backlogs.