Isatis Essentials for Oil and Gas
Posted by GEOVARIANCES on Tuesday, April 03, 2012
Start Date Monday, November 26, 2012
End Date Wednesday, November 28, 2012
Rio de Janeiro, Brasil (course in Portuguese)
Gain the skills you need to start using Isatis with confidence
Get acquainted with the practice of Geostatistics in Isatis! The course will familiarize you with many topics, including Data Import/Export, Exploratory Data Analysis, Kriging and Simulations, Batch Processing.
The course is based on computer exercises applied to real datasets coming from the petroleum industry. Attendees will practice either alone or by groups of two people, they will keep a copy of their Isatis project at the end of the course (database, graphics, journal files, etc). It is required to have a feeling for the basic concepts of geostatistics (spatial data analysis, what are the Variogram and Kriging), however the course does NOT make use of mathematics and therefore can be followed by beginners in geostatistics as well as confirmed geostatisticians.
Who should attend
Since Isatis is a general purpose geostatistical tool, learning how to use it is of benefit to any geoscientist or engineer who works on spatial data: geologists, geophysicists, reservoir engineers.
This session covers the following topics:
- Presentation of the concepts and tools around which Isatis is organised: User Interface, types of data manipulated and organisation of the database, graphical capabilities, HTML on-line manual, batch capabilities.
- Exchanging data with other software: loading data into the database.
- Data management inside Isatis.
- Classical statistics and Exploratory Data Analysis.
- Computing experimental variograms and introduction to variogram modelling.
- Applying Ordinary Kriging.
- Introduction to simulations.
- Graphics and reporting.
- Exchanging data with other software: saving results outside of Isatis.