Posted by GEOVARIANCES on Tuesday, April 03, 2012
Start Date Monday, June 18, 2012
End Date Wednesday, June 20, 2012
Geovariances, Avon-77, France
Learn how performing insightful data geostatistical analysis provides accurate and reliable solutions for geology or property mapping
To achieve gridding tasks is of routine use for geoscientists working in the oil industry. The course highlights hints and pitfalls of common gridding algorithms and details the practice geostatistical algorithms to build structural or property models.Key featuresThe capabilities of geostatistics to handle petroleum data characterised by their heterogeneous nature are shown on real data with a minimum of theory and a maximum of practice.
Who should attend
Geologists, geophysicists and reservoir engineers asking for a practical introduction to geostatistical methods for interpolating well and seismic data. Basic knowledge of statistics is recommended.
This session covers the following topics:
- Overview of geostatistics and its main methods
- Variographic analysis of porosity data
- How the cross validation works to help in choosing the variogram model
- The practice of kriging
- Multivariate geostatistics and cokriging
- Integration of wells and seismic data for time to depth conversion or property mapping
- Comparison of collocated cokriging and kriging with external drift
- Introduction to stochastic simulations for uncertainty assessment (velocities, facies modeling, volumetrics)
The practical exercises are achieved using the Isatis software.