Technip awarded subsea contract for the Lucius Field in the Gulf of Mexico
- Technip's operating center in Houston, Texas, will perform the overall project management.
Technip (Paris:TEC) was awarded a lump sum contract by Anadarko Petroleum Corporation for the development of the Lucius field, located in the Keathley Canyon area of the Gulf of Mexico at a water depth of approximately 7,000 feet (2,130 meters).
The contract covers:
- installation of a flexible flowline(1), multiple flexible gas lift jumpers(2); main gas lift and infield umbilicals(3); subsea distribution units; electrical, fiber optic and hydraulic flying leads,
- design and fabrication of the flexible flowline end termination,
- fabrication and installation of rigid jumpers,
- burial of flowlines,
- flooding and hydro-testing of the flowline system.
Technip's operating center in Houston, Texas, will perform the overall project management.
This contract constitutes a significant milestone in Technip's recent acquisition of Global Industries as it will utilize a number of Global Industries key assets along with the Deep Blue, one of Technip's deepwater pipelay vessels, during the offshore installation phases in 2013 and 2014.
(1) Flowline: a flexible or rigid pipe, laid on the seabed, which allows the transportation of oil/gas production or injection of fluids. Its length can vary from a few hundred meters to several kilometers.
(2) Jumper: a short section of pipe for the connection of two subsea structures.
(3) Umbilical: an assembly of steel tubes and/or thermoplastic hoses which can also include electrical cables or optic fibers used to control subsea structures from a platform or a vessel.
New Kid on the Block
Gulf Of Mexico
Gulf Of Mexico
This article is for information and discussion purposes only and does not form a recommendation
to invest or otherwise. The value of an investment may fall. The investments referred to in this
article may not be suitable for all investors, and if in doubt, an investor should seek advice from
a qualified investment adviser. More
Join 80,000 oil and gas professionals who receive our weekly newsletter.
You may unsubscribe at any time with one click.
Upcoming OilVoice Training Course
LNG Supply Outlook Workshop
Course Summary The LNG supply industry is rapidly developing with new technology, supplies and contractual arrangements. Drawing on MJMEnergy’s comprehensive, recently published LNG Supply Handbook, the LNG Supply Outlook Workshop provides an insightful, high-level, summary of LNG supply development...
All OilVoice Training Courses