Shelton Petroleum Spuds New Well at the Lelyaki Oil Field in Ukraine

Tuesday, November 1, 2011      
  • Field operations have been able to complete and start production of well 304A.

Shelton Petroleum and its partner Ukrnafta have recently commenced drilling operations on a new well on the Lelyaki oil field in Ukraine. The new well is part of the ongoing work program to pursue the potential of the field. In addition, following the reinstatement of production, the field operator has been able to complete and start production of well 304A, drilled in 2010.

Drilling operations on the new well 309 on the Lelyaki oil field in Ukraine has recently started. The field operator Kashtan Petroleum expects that this well will take approx. 90 days to drill and complete. The close proximity to infrastructure enables a rapid tie-in of the well without major investments.

The new well is part of the ongoing work program to pursue the potential of the Lelyaki oil field. The well is targeting production from the Permian and Carboniferous zones. In addition to the new well being drilled, the operator has assembled a work over crew dedicated to a program of suspended well interventions and future sidetrack drilling. This work is designed to increase the low cost production volumes from the oil field.

'We are pleased to announce concrete steps in the further development of the Lelyaki oil field. We will increase production volumes and strengthen our cash flow going forward,' says Robert Karlsson, CEO of Shelton Petroleum.

In addition, following the reinstatement of production in early September, the company has been able to complete well 304A, originally drilled in 2010. It has contributed 77 barrels of oil per day in its first week of production, giving a production of 35 barrels per day net to Shelton Petroleum. The well was recompleted for production from the Permian P1 and P2 zones. Auction procedures and the Ukrainian oil price in relation to royalty make oil production attractive in Ukraine.

Shelton Petroleum holds a 45% interest in the Lelyaki oil field (Kashtan Petroleum) through its wholly-owned subsidiary Zhoda 2001 Corporation. Ukrnafta, Ukraine's largest oil and gas company, owns the remaining 55%.


Article Tags

Shelton Petroleum Ukraine East Europe Operations Update Production Update Spud Watch

This article is for information and discussion purposes only and does not form a recommendation to invest or otherwise. The value of an investment may fall. The investments referred to in this article may not be suitable for all investors, and if in doubt, an investor should seek advice from a qualified investment adviser. More

Related News

Join 80,000 oil and gas professionals who receive our weekly newsletter.

You may unsubscribe at any time with one click.

Upcoming OilVoice Training Course

Geomechanics, Basic and Beyond, in Reservoir Management: 2 Days
Course Summary This course builds from the fundamentals of geomechanics leading up to cutting-edge concepts and a new way of interpreting the behaviour of conventional reservoirs. It provides analysis of plentiful field data indicative of the close involvement of geomechanics in fluid flow in many r...
London -

Kes Heffer


Discount Code
OilVoice-10 for 10% off any course.View Course

All OilVoice Training Courses
Popular Headlines View all

Latest Opinion View all

Join 90,000 other oil and gas professionals

Network with others, build your profile, and receive the latest oil and gas news in your inbox. It's free!

Create profile

Time for a change? All jobs Jobs near you

OilVoice Training All upcoming


OilVoice, established in 2002, is your leading source of upstream news, jobs and industry information.


Each week we send our weekly industry round-up. Why not try it? You may unsubscribe at any time.

Contact OilVoice

Milton Keynes
United Kingdom
Phone: +44 207 993 5991
Contact Us

Stay Connected

2016 © OilVoice  .  Privacy Policy  .  Terms of Service  .  Oil Careers  .  Advertise with us