OilVoice Morning Movers - Falkland Oil and Gas, SOCO International and Magnolia Petroleum

Tuesday, September 25, 2012      

Falkland Oil and Gas (LON:FOGL) announced this morning that it has begun drilling the Scotia exploration well. The Scotia well is testing a prospect within a mid Cretaceous fan play. The company says it will take around 75 days to complete 5,000 metres of drilling.

Falkland Oil and Gas are currently trading at 68.75 pence a share, up 1.48% on opening.

SOCO International plc (LON:SIA) announced this morning that it has entered into a conditional agreement with Quill Trading Corporation wherein SOCO will sell its 80% majority interest in SOCO Cabinda Limited to Quill, which holds the remaining 20% interest. SOCO Cabinda has a 17% participating interest in the Cabinda North Block, onshore the Angolan enclave of Cabinda.

Ed Story, President and CEO of SOCO, said: "This proposed Disposal is consistent with our strategy of re-focusing the asset portfolio on projects where SOCO has larger equity interests and adding new ventures, which can potentially create more value for shareholders."

SOCO International plc, are currently trading at 346.70 pence a share, down 0.69% on opening.

Magnolia Petroleum (LON:MAGP) shares have risen by 12.04% this morning and are currently trading at 3.16 pence a share.

Nighthawk Energy (LON:HAWK) shares have risen by 8.32% this morning and are currently trading at 5.81 pence a share.


Article Tags

Falkland Oil and Gas SOCO International Magnolia Petroleum Nighthawk Energy United Kingdom Worldwide Finance AIM

This article is for information and discussion purposes only and does not form a recommendation to invest or otherwise. The value of an investment may fall. The investments referred to in this article may not be suitable for all investors, and if in doubt, an investor should seek advice from a qualified investment adviser. More

Related News

Join 80,000 oil and gas professionals who receive our weekly newsletter.

You may unsubscribe at any time with one click.

Upcoming OilVoice Training Course

International Project Management
This is a two day course, running on Wednesday 2nd and Thursday 3rd March 2016 Course Summary A key success criteria for a company’s competitiveness in this age of globalization is how well an organization can collaborate across borders in a multicultural virtual space. There are many cases where i...
London - 02 Mar

Neil Millner


Discount Code
OilVoice-10 for 10% off any course.View Course

All OilVoice Training Courses
Popular Headlines View all

Mars Omega Inside Track View all

OilVoice has teamed up with specialist information providers Mars Omega, to provide you with exclusive reports on the most complex and volatile areas of exploration.

Politics and power: an insight into Iran's decision makers and takers

Nigeria: navigating the Delta

Latest Opinion View all

Join 90,000 other oil and gas professionals

Network with others, build your profile, and receive the latest oil and gas news in your inbox. It's free!

Create profile

Time for a change? All jobs Jobs near you

OilVoice Training All upcoming


OilVoice, established in 2002, is your leading source of upstream news, jobs and industry information.


Each week we send our weekly industry round-up. Why not try it? You may unsubscribe at any time.

Contact OilVoice

Milton Keynes
United Kingdom
Phone: +44 207 993 5991
Contact Us

Stay Connected

2015 © OilVoice  .  Privacy Policy  .  Terms of Service  .  Oil Careers  .  Advertise with us