African Petroleum awarded exploration permit in Côte d'Ivoire over offshore Block CI-513
- African Petroleum Côte d'Ivoire entered into agreement with PETROCI and the State of Côte d'Ivoire to acquire exploration rights in one offshore block: CI-513.
- The block is situated in the Western Offshore area of Côte d'Ivoire, with a total surface area of 1440 sq km.
- African Petroleum Côte d'Ivoire will be the Operator with 90% interest in the block. The other 10% is owned by PETROCI.
African Petroleum has announced that its its wholly owned subsidiary, African Petroleum Côte d'Ivoire, has entered into an agreement with the Société Nationale d'Opérations Pétrolières de la Côte d'Ivoire (PETROCI) and the Republic of Côte d'Ivoire to acquire one offshore exploration permit covering Block CI-513 as shown in the attached map.
Karl Thompson, Chief Executive Officer, comments 'African Petroleum is already one of the largest net exploration acreage holders in the West African transform margin focussed on the newly emerging and highly successful Upper Cretaceous exploration fairway. The award of CI-513 initiates African Petroleum's commitment to building a high grade exploration portfolio in the proven oil basin of Côte d'Ivoire and accelerating exploration in the region. The new entry into Côte d'Ivoire is part of African Petroleum's strategy to build an extensive portfolio in proven Upper Cretaceous basins of Côte d'Ivoire, Sierra Leone and Liberia as well as building on our pre-eminent position in the frontier Gambia/Senegal Western Margin. We anticipate announcing significant additional new exploration awards in 2012'.
African Petroleum has recently been awarded licences in Senegal over two blocks: Rufisque Offshore Profond and Senegal Offshore Sud Profond. The area covers 18,277sq km. The Company holds 90% interest with its partner Petrosen holding the remaining 10%. African Petroleum currently holds a 100% interest in Blocks LB-08 and LB-09 offshore Liberia, where it has completed 5,100 sq km of 3D seismic data. It has drilled one well in LB-09 with encouraging results.
African Petroleum holds a 100% interest in Block SL-03 offshore Sierra Leone where it has recently completed 3D seismic acquisition covering 2,500 sq km. The Company also holds a 60% operating interest in Blocks A1 and A4 offshore Gambia where it has completed 2,500 sq km of 3D seismic. This is in conjunction with its partner Buried Hill Gambia.
Join 80,000 oil and gas professionals who receive our weekly newsletter.
You may unsubscribe at any time with one click.
This article is for information and discussion purposes only and does not form a recommendation
to invest or otherwise. The value of an investment may fall. The investments referred to in this
article may not be suitable for all investors, and if in doubt, an investor should seek advice from
a qualified investment adviser. More
Upcoming OilVoice Training Course
Introduction to Seismic Data Acquisition & Processing
The acquisition and processing of seismic data is fundamental to gaining a better understanding of the subsurface geology and structures in any exploration program. Without good seismic data companies are literally - drilling in the dark. The course starts with an introduction to the basic concepts ...
All OilVoice Training Courses