The Centre for Energy, Petroleum and Mineral Law and Policy at the University of Dundee is the internationally renowned graduate school in the field of international business transactions and natural resources and energy law and policy.Our interdisciplinary approach to teaching, research and consultancy provides a unique perspective on how governments, business and communities operate, providing the professionals of today with the ability to meet the challenges of tomorrow.Winning the Queen’s Award for Enterprise in International Trade in 2004 was recognition that for nearly three decades we have been delivering high quality professional training and education worldwide.
- CEPMLP achieved a high research rating in the 2008 RAE as part of the submission from the University's Law Unit of Assessment. The Unit finished among the top four Law submissions in Scotland (out of 11), and among the top 19 out of 67 in the UK. All of its research was classified as being of an international standard.
- Awarded the highest rank available by the UK Quality Assurance Agency for the taught postgraduate programme
- One of the largest doctorate programmes in this area of research with over 40 PhD students
- Global faculty of internationally respected experts
- Strategic alliances with partner institutions:
American University Washington College of Law
Institut Francais du Petrole, Paris
- Close links with industry through a comprehensive programme of seminars and professional training
- Consultancy service to government, companies and international institutions world wide
- Practical and theoretical philosophies of learning combined
- Interdisciplinary: Law | Policy | Economics | Finance | Management
Enhancing the Quality of the Degree Programme
The Centre is committed to a programme for academic visitors, serving to build up the international network and global outreach and providing additional diversity in the graduate teaching and research activities.