Our vision is to be one of the best urban schools of engineering and technology, recognized locally, nationally, and internationally for its achievements.
Our mission is to provide to our constituents:
- High quality, well-rounded, and relevant educational experiences that promote critical thinking, scholarly work, and effective communication
- An environment that encourages and promotes excellence in technical proficiency, leadership, scholarship, basic and applied research, creative pursuits, and lifelong learning and that provides opportunities to develop the necessary skills
- An environment that fosters respect for cultural, ethnic, racial, age, and gender diversity
- Educational programs that are regularly reviewed and assessed for continuous improvement
- Outreach and accessibility to the educational, research, and service needs of the broader community through collaboration within school and campus, and engagement with other educational institutions, businesses, government agencies, and civic and cultural organizations
- Activities that support the intellectual and economic development of business, industry, government, and community stakeholders